Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Appreciation


This week has been crazy. Max Milligan has an ear infection. Not just one ear, BOTH ears are infected. Plus she has ulcers around her mouth due to the high fevers she was having. Luckily it was Daniel's short week on night shift which means that he will be working tonight and tomorrow night, so he was stay-at-home dad with Max Milligan Mon, Tues and Wed while I went to work.

After a few restless nights (all beginning last Thurs) and getting up at six every morning for work, this morning I was beat. This morning I asked for 20 minutes extra sleep. Sweet Daniel obliged and went to get the morning started. In 20 minutes, he had coffee made, Max Milligan up, bottle almost finished, an omelet waiting for me and was attempting to feed MM breakfast. She was not having it and I walked in the kitchen, refreshed, to see her throw a toy onto the floor with an "I'm testing you" look on her face. Daniel said to her, "I can tell someone is going to get a spanking today, well, maybe not a spanking, but definitely time out." HA- LARIOUS!!

I sat down and started to eat my breakfast that I didn't cook and drink my coffee that I didn't make and then heard some pretty awesome words that started my day off right. "I don't know how you do this every morning" That my friends, is appreciation.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel and I are teammates in every way and he does sooo much, but there are times when I feel down and out. I feel beat. I feel like I go, go, go. I never stop until my head hits the pillow at night. These past few days, with MM home with Daniel, I wasn't rushing to get Max Milligan to daycare and me to work on time or rushing to pick her up so we can go to the groce and get home before nap time, supper time, bedtime bottle, prayers and bedtime. Wehw. That makes me tired.

But this morning, I felt appreciated. For my hard work, for my love, for my "momminess" and for being a wife. I just felt appreciated. And for that I want to thank my husband. Thank you for taking such good care of us and for being the best daddy ever. And I truly appreciate you.

No comments: