Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a Wonderful World





This past weekend one was that I will remember forever. Saturday, Feb 23, Max Milligan and Daniel were baptized and became members of the First United Methodist Church of Blakely, Georgia. We had a private ceremony surrounded by our family and friends. Max Milligan's Godparents, Jamie Dallas and Brian Davis stood by our side. As brother Rick spoke, Max Milligan watched him intently as if she were taking in all his words. When the water it her head she looked shocked but staid content. Daniel was next and he was just as serious. I have never felt so much love or so loved. I was so proud of my daughter and how well she did and proud of Daniel for taking such and important step in his life. I am truly blessed.
Following the baptism we went to "the hill" for a low country boil cooked specially by Papa Steve. Mama was number one hostess as always and made this day so wonderful. Dinner was great and the company was even better! Jessica brought her two, Baylen and Bowen and Starla brought two of hers Delaney and Raliegh. Noah, Baylen and Delaney played so well together and made everyone laugh. We also took pictures of Raliegh (1 mos), Max Milligan (2mos) and Bowen (7 mos). Jess, Starla and I grew up together and I am so excited that our children will have that opportunity. I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love my family and then I found Daniel and a new kind of love and I thought "How can you love someone more than this" and then I had Max Milligan and found that there is no kind of love like the love I have for her. God is truly an awesome God and I praise Him for blessing me with so much love.
And a quick note, Sunday we went to church. I was looking around and began to notice the babies. Laura is pregnant, Jennifer has Mary Thomas and 5 week old Myles. Fletcher and Jennifer were there with 2 year old Olin and I started thinking how amazing that life just goes on. And in such a fun wonderful way.

No comments: