Tuesday, February 12, 2008


Daniel has to work some sundays so Max Milligan and I go to chuch in Blakely with mama. As I was sitting there listening to the preacher and glancing over at Papa admiring his great granddaughter, I began to think about the past. I love my church. I grew up there. I used to sit in between my Nana and Papa and watch mama sing in the choir. We sat in the back right,the second aisle. We sat behind the Robertson's. Mr. Wally, Mrs Carol, Jill, Stacy, Kelly and Paige. I used to straighten my legs out to try and touch the back of the pew in front of me. I can remember how excited I was the day that I was finally able to reach the back with my toe and then with the whole bottom of my foot. That was a sign that I was getting big. Growing up. And now, I am a mama. Me! And I get to take my daughter to church. Watch her fall asleep in my Papa's lap, watch her start to reach her legs out to touch the back of the pew (which is now occupied by the Singletary's) and watch her grow in her church, in her Faith and in life. What an amazing blessing.

No comments: