Thursday, January 8, 2009

I wanna hold your haaaand! I wanna hold your hand!

Tonight something happened that could seem to some, a small milestone, but for me, I am simply amazed at my child. Every night, when we sit down to eat, Daniel and I take Max Milligan's hands and we say the blessing. In the beginning, she did NOT like this and often tried to pull her hands away. Then, she started getting used to and would just watch us through the blessing. But tonight was different. Daniel was cooking and I was setting the table. Max Milligan was in her highchair. I went to sit down beside Max Milligan and wait for Daniel and what happened was so wonderful. My sweet child looked at me and lifted her hand towards me. I took it and then she looked towards her daddy and raised her hand to him. She knew that we would hold her hands and that it was time to pray. Amazing. I pray that I will continue to teach her these things and that she will continue to grow in her faith. Because she helps me to grow in mine. God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet picture of her beginning to learn the importance of God in her life! love you!