Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here Comes the Sun...It's Alright

My wilder side
My back porch swingin' side

I was just reading a friend's blog about her Christmas adventures and it was if she was right beside me and I could hear her talking. I got so reminiscent about her and old friends and highschool and our pasts. See I get this way because tomorrow I turn the big 3-0. This whole year I have been preparing myself for 30. Saying over and over that it was no big deal, just another birthday, another day. And really I am not worried or sad or angry about turning 30. I am not stressed. I am simply 30. I look back on my life and I wish I could say I have no regrets but of course, I do. But I have prayed about them, I have been forgiven and they have been forgotten. How wonderful is that? I also look back and more than anything I find peace. I find love from family and friends. I find such hilarious memories that I still laugh thinking about them. I find friendships that have lasted 30 years! I find a wonderful relationship with my parents and family. I find a lifetime of happiness. I find the love of my life and the joy of a loving marriage and motherhood that he brought to me. I find that I am okay with 30, with where I am in life and the anticipation of my next 30 years.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love this post. You make me feel at peace about turning 30 this year too. We have SOOO much to be thankful for!!