Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Aunt Tookie sent a check to us and told me to buy Max Milligan something wonderful. I really did think long and hard about what to get, but when I saw this outfit the thinking was over. To me, this outfit embodies my aunt Tookie and all the Bethea girls. See, the Bethea girls grew up in Tatum, South Carolina and ventured over to Myrtle Beach for a little fun in the sun, dancing and the real beach music. I can just picture them laying out, playing on the beach, riding bicycles, flirting with the boys and maybe even surfing. So this dress is in honor of those Bethea girls, Blanch, Gene, Dot (aka Gmama) and Tookie. Thank you Aunt Tookie.
One thing that I have been thinking about is that I want Max Milligan to know her family. I mean KNOW them. I want her to meet everyone and if she can't meet them all I want her to definately know that they are out there. By showing her pictures, talking to them on the phone, and telling her stories about them. I am so grateful that my grandparents and parents and aunts and uncles and cousins have always been story tellers. I am glad that they have shared their life experiences with me so that I will be able to pass them on to Max Milligan. I pray that she will listen to these stories and learn things from them. Things to do and certainly some things NOT to do. I pray that she will know their losses and their gains, their heartaches and their loves. I pray that she will know their lives. Thank you to my family. All of them. I love y'all

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Precious outfit on a PRECIOUS baby girl!!